Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Introduction

First of all, I would like to welcome those who came across this blog. I hope you would take your time and enjoy what you're about to read here.

My name is Ban, an ordinary blogger, blogging ordinary stuff in my another blog link BUT here, I would like to share my thoughts, my ideas, my lil experience and in-depth knowledge about football most fans do not know in HERE, halftimegreentalk.blogspot.com.

Football is a sport that I never like right until few years ago. I was impressed by Arsenal at that time where they've got Thierry Henry, Sylvian Wiltord, Robert Pires, Freddie Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira and etc in their team. They impressed me with what we called "Beautiful Football". I WAS an Arsenal fans for a short period until I fell in love with Manchester United's ruthless, dominating, fearless, slick passing, deadly finishing football. Roy Keane was the one influenced me to love the Red Devils forever.

As I am writing now, last weekend was the Easter Super Sunday.

Manchester United thumped their arch-rival, Liverpool 3-0 and increased their lead to 6 points in the Barclays Premier League.

Wes Brown scored a rare and somewhat lucky goal for United 34minutes into the game. The ball came off the Manchester-borned Wesley Brown's back and it proved to be enough to beat Liverpool's 'keeper, Jose Reina. As a local lad, scoring a goal against their biggest rival in the history of Man Utd means the world. Although he has yet to commit his future since his contract is running out in the summer but I'm sure the fans still loves him.

Javier Mascherano was sent off in what I thought was deserving after being shown 2nd yellow card by referee Steve Bennett. The media raves too much about the incident so, I'm gonna skip it.

2nd goal was scored by Cristiano Ronaldo's header off Nani cross from corner and Nani grabbed a goal for himself as well. Honestly, Nani looks more and more like Ronaldo when he first came to United, being selfish on the ball, shooting from awkward position when he should've pass and doing too much tricks. But try to think that he's gonna transform into Cristiano Ronaldo 2 makes defender chill in their spines. It is that scary.

United extended their lead to 6 but Chelsea won against Arsenal in a thriller 2-1 cut United's lead to 5 as Chelsea leapfrog Arsenal into 2nd place.

Bacary Sagna gave Arsenal the lead with a header from a corner but was canceled out by a controversial goal from Didier Drogba as he was clearly offside when the ball was played to him. But he took his chances as Kolo Toure made a mistake and couldn't clear a cross from Anelka and Drogba scored again to win the match and put their title race off and running.

The result of the Super Sunday proves to be crucial as the Barclays Premier League opens up to 3 horses race. Nailbiting towards the end of the season.

More to come from http://www.halftimegreentalk.blogspot.com/ Stay Tuned!

No comments: